One of the main specialists in the world at what they do, this engineering firm are looking to hire a Mechanical Design/Project Engineer in Aberdeen. Formed over a century ago they have a history to be proud of and a reputation that precedes them the world over. This is therefore a great opportunity to become a part of what still, to this day remains as an independent company.
Support Engineering, Fabrication and product development activities through professional mechanical design, drafting, and project management duties. Reporting to the Operations Director and liaising competently with clients, suppliers and colleagues at all levels.
The position will offer a unique and diverse range of technically rewarding engineering projects that will require an innovative, flexible and positive attitude. Many project support activities will provide opportunities for overseas travel.
- Development of product specification to meet customer approval.
- Use of 2D & 3D CAD to create conceptual, GA and detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Participate as a member or team leader in new or improved product development.
- Design review and verification through calculation and analysis.
- Technical support and process development of Engineering/Fabrication activities.
- Identification of efficiencies and quality improvements.
- Project ownership and management through component selection/verification, supplier management, production schedules, client liaison, product QA/testing and compilation of product literature; whilst ensuring budgets and deadlines are adhered to.
- Participation in field measurements, trials and installation/commissioning support.
- Compliance and evolution of our H&S and ISO9001 management systems.
- BSc degree or similar in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years Industry experience in a similar role.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and/or mechanical 3D design software (e.g. Solid works/Creo….)
- Must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of machining and fabrication processes and be able to `design for manufacture’.
- Experienced in use of MS Office applications.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for Engineering and an interest in modern manufacturing processes.
- Work effectively on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Perform in a professional manner and present a professional image at all times.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
On offer for this position is a salary of £35-42K with additional benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.