KBM Resourcing Ltd
Job Title: Design Engineering Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Design Team, Discipline Engineers & Subcontractors
- Provide technical leadership to the Team to ensure high quality design solutions and services to global clients.
- Ownership of Operations Management System including engineering processes and procedures.
- Accountable for the successful execution of design engineering projects with responsibility for internal teams, external contractor and other resources under your responsibility
The key tasks of this role are:
- Championing ‘One Team’ approach and acting as an ambassador.
- Providing technical and functional leadership to the design engineering team to provide the required innovation, efficiency and technical competency to meet the business needs of external clients located globally.
- Interfacing with senior management and executives regularly to ensure design engineering requirements and activities are communicated throughout.
- Designing equipment in line with project budgets as set out by the operations manager and BD team.
- Ensuring continual improvement of design activities/ output through effective use of design reviews, project feedback and lessons learned.
- Leading a team of designers and discipline engineers to successfully deliver design engineering projects.
- Allocation of resources to meet project demands considering competency, required skills and demands of the specific project.
- Management of external engineering resources as required to meet project demands.
- Compiling design engineering metrics and driving productivity by reducing average cycle time of design engineering processes.
- Providing technical expertise to Operations department and Business Development as required to ensure technical excellence across all company areas.
- Enforcing HSEQ policies throughout the organisation and emphasising the importance of safety.
- Reviewing, writing and assisting with the development of processes and procedure within all areas of the company.
- Driving Continual Professional Development of all design engineering team members including carrying out performance reviews and competency assessments.
- Providing technical mentorship to any members of the team wishing to develop knowledge or skills in a design or discipline engineering subject area.
- Act as Operations Group IT focal point with primary responsibility for SharePoint site, and hardware and software requirements.
Responsibilities & accountabilities include:
- To deliver high quality design and engineering solutions.
- To lead the process of continuous improvement and to demonstrate a continuous improvement approach towards all processes, products and tasks within their role, to maintain and report key performance indicators, and to act as required to ensure agreed performance standards and expectations are achieved or excelled.
- To show commitment to HSEQ and to set good personal examples on HSEQ issues within their area of operation and influence. Required to report all accidents and near misses to their line manager, and to always lead by example and set high standards in all aspects of their role.
- To actively participate in all aspects of HSEQ awareness, education, training and communication. Accountable for stopping a job if perceived that it is not safe to progress for personnel or the equipment/ product, or if not adhering to standards or procedures.
- To encourage the team to challenge internal and external processes, procedures and methodologies to improve the offering.
- To actively encourage innovation within the team, driving ideas form back-deck operations through the organisation.
- To mentor the team through their CPD ensuring that all personnel excel measured against their performance improvement objectives.
- To maintain good relationships with clients and other stakeholders as well as to act as an ambassador at all times.
Limits of authority:
- Any financial authority limited are as per detailed in company financial documents.
- The Company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, considering the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Desired Skills and Experience
Experience, qualifications & skills (what is required for this role):
- Educated to degree level or high level of experience in similar roles within the Offshore/ Subsea industry (Mandatory)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the latest relevant industry technical developments (Essential)
- Excellent people manager with change management experience and competent in team management (Essential)
- Good employee engagement skills (Essential)
- Full professional membership and able to demonstrate Continual Professional Development (Preferred)
- Chartered Engineer (Preferred)
Training & job specific requirements:
- Previous experience of managing projects for various sizes and complexity
- Good understanding of the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry
- Understanding of industry legislation including but not limited to LOLER, PUWER, HSAW
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft packages (Outlook, Project, Excel, Word & SharePoint), AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault & MathCAD
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
- Previous experience of leading teams and people management
- Able to multi task, work under high pressure and as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated
- Willingness to learn & adapt 4. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of management, personnel, clients & other stakeholders
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, flexible and decisive
- Able to innovate and challenge
- Approachable & trustworthy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.