Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
A vacancy has arisen for a permanent Financial Accountant to work in a full time position for a well-established client in Aberdeen. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the internal accounting systems, process, controls and timely and accurate reporting of company financial be data and will be a proactive self-starter with the proven ability to problem solve.
- Ensure financial processes, systems and strong controls are operated effectively to manage the financial risk of the firm and related entities. Establish new controls as required to identify discrepancies and prevent errors
- Ensure financial records are maintained and are reconciled to client ledger
- Overseeing/reviewing and ensuring reconciliations are completed for the sales ledger, purchase ledger and ensure all general ledger entries are correctly reflected in the finance system and monthly reporting
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including year-end financial accounts, monthly management information, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts. Examine financial reports and data closely, working with budget owners to identify trends, and explain variances between actual and budget figures and variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators and challenge where necessary to aid in decision-making.
- Develop and maintain a financial model for budgets and forecasts, establishing annual budgets based on key business drivers for each branch and business
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including HMRC, Tax advisors, banks, partners and senior management.
- Monitor and manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Preparation/review of bank payments
- Liaise with accounting and tax advisors, providing them with year-end accounts information for the firm and other related entities
- Handling VAT, Payroll, PAYE and tax duties, including VAT return preparation and partnership tax adjustments
- Project management of process changes and implementations
- Member of a professional accountancy body (ICAS, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Experience in operation of financial controls, month end and balance sheet accounting
- Experience working in a controlled and deadline-driven environment
- Experience in building budget and forecast models
- Experience in operation of Payroll PAYE and VAT calculations and reporting
- Project management experience
- Excel experience and data analytical skills
This role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.