KBM Resourcing Ltd
Seeking an ambitious Hydrodynamics Analyst Engineer to work along within an engineering department with particular focus on renewables. A successful candidate will be an integral member of a motivated and ambitious design engineering team, sharing the same drive and enthusiasm as their peers. If successful, you will expected to produce innovative engineering solutions to challenging industry scenarios, whilst supporting sales, projects and R&D. Additionally, it would beneficial to have experience of working with cost, time and quality management. You will be required to show initiative in all aspects of the role and should be able to work with minimal supervision while possessing all the attributes of a great team player.
- Perform global dynamic analysis of in-place offshore systems and operations
- Feed into design of products from initial concept stage through to production in a professional and time efficient manner.
- Produce technical reports detailing work completed. Including but not limited to, engineering calculations, global dynamic analysis.
- Assist in the development of company design systems, standards and procedures.
- Contribute development ideas for new and existing products.
- Look for continuous improvement.
- Provide support to proposals and projects, working to tight deadlines and budgets.
- Review and contribute towards improving departmental systems, processes and guides.
- Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine or Mechanical Engineering.
- Or HND with minimum 5 years post qualification experience.
- Obtained or working towards chartered status with an industry-recognised institution.
- Engineering experience within a fast-paced engineering design environment
- Proficient in Orcaflex or similar dynamics package
- Proficient in technical reporting and data collation / presentation
- 2/3 years plus engineering design experience
- Experience in renewables industry
- Experience communicating and working with clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team within a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Lateral thinker
- Knowledge engineering drawing standards
- Ability to produce technical calculations quickly and accurately, particularly in Mathcad
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- Appreciation of company and Industry Standards
- Technical writing
- Time management
- CFD experience using Ansys CFX
- Experience in FEA and 3D CAD software, preferably ANSYS Workbench & Inventor.
- Experience with Autodesk Vault (or other Database Management systems)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.