Job now filled, regular requirement, please send CV for future vacancies
Fancy being part of an ambitious start-up that has unlocked the potential for the farming sector to substantially increase their income. Well that is exactly what is on offer with this new company. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer in the Dundee area to come in and help them continue the development of their product.
- Design, fabricate, test and iterate working concepts for novel soil processing mechanisms to sit within an automated system.
- Interface with external machining and fabrication subcontractors to support rapid prototyping.
- Form an integral part of the technical team, working together to establish the requirements and specifications of the mechanisms, including the relationship of physical elements with electronic and software elements.
- Analyse performance of prototypes in field trials for debugging and to identify areas for improvement.
- Explore and iterate further prototypes on-going.
- Support and input into the process of intellectual property protection.
Being a small team, this position will require someone who is versatile and understands engineering from both a theoretical and practical perspective. Can you design and then fabricate a component? If so, then that could mean you are suitable.
This role will sit alongside a more electronically biased mechatronics employee (already in place) and is therefore suited to someone with more of a mechanical bias to balance the skillsets.
- Experience working with motors, actuators and sensors.
- Background or exposure in a “hands on” environment.
- R&D design experience
- Metalworking experience
On offer for this position is a salary of £28-35K DOE with additional benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.