KBM Resourcing Ltd
An opportunity is available for a Senior Estimator to join a privately owned Civil engineering contractor operating throughout Scotland. The client have an enviable reputation as a resourceful contractor capable of undertaking a wide range of civil engineering construction projects. They have developed key relationships with key clients including councils, governing bodies, water companies and private clients. Covering urban and remote rural areas, this client deliver civil engineering and infrastructure projects from concept to completion.
- Overseeing and managing the estimating department and creating complete estimates for large and complex projects
- Setting up cost monitoring principles or procedures and reporting systems and procedures to upper management
- Identifying and reviewing material and labour requirements in order to determine which is more cost-effective in producing components or purchasing components
- Estimating the time, materials, or equipment that are required to complete a job or project
- Creating, analysing, and maintaining correct and accurate quantities and thorough take-offs from plans
- Showing creativity and resourcefulness in order to gain the best pricing from subcontractors
- Maintaining and updating correct and accurate records of tenders
- Ensuring that estimating procedures are strictly followed in the production of tenders
- Assisting with operational projects when required.
- 7 years onsite civils experience
- 5 years civils estimating experience
- Proven work experience as an estimator
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with software such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Availability for travel, as a senior estimator is required to visit several project sites
- Particular attention to details, good project management skills, and sound mathematical and numeracy skills, with the ability to solve problems analytically
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or any other related or relevant field.
- £50K DOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.