Founded over 2 decades ago this company has worked hard to become a leading provider within their sector. They are now supplying software to over 400 companies in the UK and this latest vacancy aims to continue this growth and reputation by supporting the product further.
Based in Edinburgh they are looking for a 1st Line Software Support Specialist/Technician to join their small team with the aim of being a key member. As it’s a small team, this is an opportunity to work in an environment where your contribution really does matter and what you say and do will be paramount to the reputation of the company.
- Provide a first rate customer service through the help desk, recording and tracking all problems and raising the necessary Support Tickets.
- Resolve issues and requests where possible, such as simple problem determination and quick fix solutions using the Knowledge Base and User Guides.
- Set up and maintain new databases for clients.
- Liaise with Support team if an issue cannot be resolved, and escalate to the Helpdesk Supervisor to seek timely resolution.
- Use diagnostic skills to establish issues relating to servers and resolve to satisfaction, minimising business impact ensuring service levels are maintained throughout.
- Test resolution to ensure that issue is fully resolved for the end user, reporting any concerns or risks to the relevant team.
- Maintain own Professional Development and ensure awareness of product best practice to continuously improve service.
- Provide support to set up new users as required.
- Provide general support to the Implementations Manager as required.
- Resolve IT administration issues as necessary, such as user permissions, printing issues, email tracking.
- Take responsibility for the “Lockdown” procedure.
- Maintain support materials and Knowledge Base to ensure that all Helpdesk users are familiar with reference material to support client queries.
- Provide knowledge and expertise in company products and software.
- Administer the helpdesk systems ensuring all staff details are accurate and up to date.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, to develop a full understanding of client expectations to ensure service meet those expectations.
- Attend, participate and contribute to team meetings ensuring that appropriate up to date information is communicated and acted upon.
- Demonstrate “adding value” to relationships with clients.
- Anticipate and fulfil client needs in a successful manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all levels of staff to ensure flow of relevant information is communicated within the company.
- Foster a working environment where people discuss requirements openly.
- Fully understand the many facets of the business and structure in order to value different requirements and act with diplomacy to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Act as an ambassador for the company.
- Ideally candidates will have experience of working within a similar role in the past.
- Good technical IT knowledge.
- Professional manner.
- Experience of dealing with clients within a high-end industry would be beneficial.
On offer for this position is a salary of £20-22K DOE with additional benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.