With a history that goes back to the early 90’s this client are a well-run organisation with a good reputation who have managed to stay fairly steady through what has been a tough few years recently. They take their employee engagement seriously and are now looking to grow their team by adding a Technical Support Engineer/Applications Engineer in Aberdeen.
- To provide high quality technical support as required to assist with achieving the on-going requirements of the business.
- Provide technical support to internal customers – mainly sales and operations departments.
- Provide technical support at client meetings.
- Act as local technical focal point for all product lines.
- Collect and structure technical information about new products and services to make this information readily available to others.
- Run ‘fast track Design and Development projects.
- Create high quality drawings and documents, concentrating on clarity and detail.
- Carry out tasks at a pace that meets project schedules and budgets.
- Provide assistance with the non-conformance process for manufactured, purchased and assembled products and parts.
- Carry out and/or support equipment investigations.
- Assist with product validation/verification tests and documentation.
- Review technical design basis information for new product developments.
- Assist with introducing new products and services.
- Arrange procurement of parts from machine shops and 3rd party suppliers etc as required.
- Adhere to company and external health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Attend training and/to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Participate in meetings with the sales, design, operations, QA and Logistics teams.
- Participate in internal and/or external QA & HSE meetings.
- Attend meetings with suppliers and 3rd parties.
- Attend meetings with Customers.
- Technical College qualification or equivalent engineering experience.
- Relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of downhole tools
- Working experience of 3D CAD (preferable)
- High degree of accuracy
- Organised and able to carry out multiple tasks in parallel
- Able to work on own and with others
- Service minded
On offer for this position is a salary of £30-45K with additional benefits depending on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.