KBM Resourcing Ltd
As Banks person / Slinger, you will take a customer service approach with a view that the services you provide are there to support the efficient management of your workspace and site. You will be responsible for Banks person / Slinger operations. You are accountable for the safe and efficient directing of a crane or forklift operator during lifting activities to move, locate, relocate and stack equipment and materials and prepare and ‘sling’ loads for lifting before releasing the loads at their destination. Your duties will be varied and will include activities that support other departments and personnel, such as cleaning, lifting, moving, and offering general assistance and support to the site team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily chock checks and complete required records.
- Receive incoming material and complete required records.
- Unbundle material and rack / stow.
- Record serial numbers for incoming material.
- Record serial numbers, work orders, running numbers, etc. For outgoing material.
- Select and bundle material as per written instructions.
- Assist with loading material onto trucks, either by crane or forklift, and complete required records.
- Count assets and report.
- Participate in on-call rota.
- Assist with keeping yard area clean and tidy.
- Perform other tasks as instructed to meet business requirements, provided the instructions are reasonable and the employee is deemed competent to perform these.
- Be able to sling loads and ensure they are secure and ready for lifting
- Be able to carry out pre-use inspections on equipment to ensure safe lifting
- Be aware of the correct use of different lifting equipment (e.g., slings, shackles and chains)
- Be conversant with the correct hand and radio signals to be used.
- Be able to assess loads in terms of their weight and centre of gravity
- Be aware of all safety precautions to be taken whilst working with cranes in terms of issues such as safety.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Quality Assurance procedures and department/area work instructions.
- Contribute to general improvements in the quality and key activities of the department/area.
- Participate in training where required.
- Carry out all duties safely and in accordance with the Health & Safety Policy, Employee Handbook, procedures, training and instruction.
- To be safety conscious and report any safety hazards to the HSE representative.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.